Thursday, November 18, 2010

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl.
Publisher: Little, Brown Books For Young Readers.
Pages: 576.
My rating:
Some secrets are life-altering…
others are life-ENDING.

Ethan Wate used to think of Gatlin, the small Southern town he had always called home, as a place where nothing ever changed. Then he met mysterious newcomer Lena Duchannes, who revealed a secret world that had been hidden in plain sight all along. A Gatlin that harbored ancient secrets beneath its moss-covered oaks and cracked sidewalks. A Gatlin where a curse has marked Lena’s family of powerful supernaturals for generations.

And now that Ethan’s eyes have been opened to the darker side of Gatlin, there’s no going back.

Beautiful Creatures captivated me from the start. Supernatural elements always interest me or have an appeal to me. After reading Beutiful Creatures I couldn't wait for the sequel after the unanswered ending. Beautiful Darkness started out bit slow, for me, and it went up higher with more scenes. The new characters, Liv and John were two great characters. Though I would have liked to see more of John Breed. Liv was a great character, funny, smart, and wise.
I kept struggling with Lena at the beginning and half way through the book, I just wanted her to accept that Macon was dead, but I know she loved him too much to let him go. Link and Ethan are just fun to read when they are together. Amma and the Aunt's are just plain good characters.
Both Kami and Margaret have a talent in telling Ethan's story. I like the way they make you feel like you're in the South, with all the women going insane over a pie contest, and fair, the atmosphere of the setting. Just plain good. The five stars are well deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment